Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kim C is Leaving 1N2D

credits: thoughts.on.asian.pop


I was really sad when I read the news about Kim C leaving 1N2D. He's the "mom" of the show and I'll surely miss him dearly. T_T Good luck in your music Kim C. Fighting!

This article is nothing but wonderful. I have the same respect for Kim C and I know he will become a better musician when he comes back.

I have nothing but respect for this man.

Today I learned that he will be leaving the cast of 1박2일 (1 Night 2 Days) soon. It took me by surprise because I thought if anyone were to leave the show, it’d be Kim Jong Min. A part of me is glad that he isn’t going though. More thoughts on that later.

What I like most about 1박2일 is its PERFECT ensemble cast. Each of the 1박2일 members have their own personalities and they happen to complement each other. No personality overlaps another and none are overbearing, over-the-top, or annoying. The cherry-on-top is the fact that the cast has spent YEARS with each other. Not only are they complimentary, they have a bond forged by time.

When 김C first appeared on the show, there was a lot of criticism that he was too quiet, unfit for the world of variety shows. He was able to dispel these criticisms, however, because he offered something different from what the other members had to give. Sure, he was quiet, but when he spoke, he had something important (or hella funny) to say.

He actions also spoke a lot for him. I still remember the episode in which he successfully bungee jumped when the other members couldn’t. Like a boss, he nonchalantly said that it was all for the sake of the show. He added that since he was not much of a entertainer, he wanted to do what he could with his own body. He was willing to offer his entire self for the show. “Wearing” a cardboard box during a cold winter and taking on a heavy parka jacket during summer are also other memories I have of him.

What I like most about 김C형 is that he is ultimately an artist. It’s the main reason why he’s leaving 1박2일. (He’s going to concentrate on his music.) I think we can all take a life lesson from him. In context, he’s leaving one of the biggest shows in Korean television history. He’s leaving a comfortable spot in life in order to grow not only as an artist, but also as a person. Instead of living idly, he chooses to build upon what is already well-situated. It’s as if he’s trimming the branches of his life in order to let stronger ones grow.

What we have left now is six. Six members. Although 김C’s departure is a sad ordeal, it also brings out new opportunities. Opportunities I hope Kim Jong Min will take. He’s reestablishment into the show has been a bumpy ride. He is often awkward and seen standing outside (literally and figuratively) the group. I hope 김C’s departure will give him room to grow and develop what the other six had developed with the years they had together.

Anyways, good-bye 김C형~ I hope you make your time worth it so that we can see a better side of you when we see you again! Thank you for your kindness and all the great memories on 1박2일!

(Your music is awesome as well!)

credits: thoughts.on.asian.pop

Artikel Terkait 1 Night 2 Days ,Lee Soo Geun

No comments:

Post a Comment